Before After: A cabinet makeover
When I brought home this disturbed little cabinet, on a distressed sale, I wondered if it was inside a werewolf’s cage. Dear Lord, what is this? Heavy scratches, for what? **Just cannot figure**. Anyway, while sunmica seemed too passe, we decided to give it a new look with wallpaper.
Here’s what went into it:
1.Removing the handles- Eeek! Who puts those handles? Notice two small holes on top, that’s what we will be using and we will close our door on this awful handle forever.
2. Sanding- Heavy sanding. We sanded it till it was plain
3. Cleaning- a thorough cleaning and inspection
4. Cutting the wallpapers- Measure the two front panels and top. Cut your wallpaper keeping a 1/2″ extra.
5. Secure- Mix fevicol and water in the ratio 1:1 and with a large brush, coat the freshly sanded panels with the glue mix.
6. Attach the papers- Attach the wallpapers and fold the extra paper inside. This will ensure no wear and tear from the sides.
7. Paint: We gave a fresh coat of offwhite on the sides and the trims
8. A coat of varnish- Finish it with a coat of clear varnish and let it fry for atleast 24 hours.
9. Attach pulls- We bought two antique ones for only Rs. 120. You choose yours!
Ready for the result?
Little things that breathe life into an other drab trash! That’s what we do best anyway!